Pages

Friday 3 July 2020

End of Term

<>End of term two<>


As you know this term has been very messy.. with Covid-19 outbreak and our holiday getting pushed further, our first couple of weeks was online learning, online learning was really fun and I really enjoyed it, I have made a blog post about my time in lockdown if you want to hear about it.

As soon as we got back to school we had tons on hand sanitiser, and our own desks we had to wipe down every block, the learning we did was around how our lockdown was. it feels like it's been short since it's the end already, it was a really fun term and things have changed a lot like routine  and where we sit, we still had the same was of learning but just face to face.. we had a check list and I think that a challenge for me was probably the work.. because their is a big difference with time. in lockdown I got to work to whenever time and I didn't have much breaks.. but in school some of the work is in a certain period so I don't have enough time to finish it quickly and don't get much done on my contracts.. I mainly focus on the certain tasks that are bigger. and  when I was working from home I worked at 10, till maybe 5 or if I really wanted to get something finished I would finish it at nighttime. but at school I start to get ready and out of the house at 8.00 and get home at 3.00 and with morning tea and lunch time between, so their is a big time difference. I have struggled quite with finishing everything. 

I have learned a lot in lockdown and in school.. with lockdown I learnt strategies for area and perimeter. and with in school we have learned about Pi and algebra and I feel I have improved with my times and maths, and a fun activity we have been doing is our creative writing, I find it fun to try and write super descriptive pieces and sometimes even rhythm and explain exactly how you feel in an attempt to make the reader feel the same. with presentation I have done more drawings with polyline and developed more techniques.  I have learned a lot in this extended term. 

I have done a lot of learning activities and here are some favourites from lock down
|
V

I am quiet happy with the work I have done in lock down and some things I have succeeded in this term are.. my Matariki slide- I worked really hard on that to try and draw all the characters and I was quite happy with it when it was finished (just that the fade in and our scenes are a bit messed up,)  
The Popcorn I made with my friend India- 

We had to make a topping of our choice and me and India chose to do caramel, me and my brother made some caramel at home which is literally just melted sugar, butter and cream but it took so long to melt the sugar and it was very sticky.)  I made the logo at home while watching a movie! then when the day was here.. India got a plastic bowl and and cooked the popcorn in the microwave in the staff room and we mixed the homemade caramel with the popcorn.. it was really yum! we were very proud on how this turned out!
Matariki picture with my friend Tiana! Tiana is a very creative and she is very artistic as well!
we had to draw in each segment on what the matariki starts represent. 
 
My side <-- ||--> her side
Wati || Waipururangi || Tupunuku || and we both did Matariki. it was super fun and we brought some of our stuff to draw with form home, I brought some of my coloured pens, and she brought some very fancy pastel pens. (similar to copic markers.) it was so fun to draw with her and we had a lot of laughs and we had to swap seats a lot to rotate so we can draw. 
something I also feel I have succeeded is with is some of my R.E activities.. we were learning about Kings,Prophets, and Judges. and we have been learning a lot about the holy spirit, 
This was an R.E task that I did (I am mainly proud of the drawing.) 
I had posted my Creative writing task on my blog if you would like to see it. 
I am also quiet happy with my creative writing slide.. (but I haven't posted it.) 
I am quiet happy with lots of learning I have done during this term and I hope I can do some good learning and succeed with next term. 

I have a lot of highlights in this term and lots of them are in the learning pictures above. I really enjoyed doing some of the filming we did with cyber smart, those were really fun and have  A LOT of funny bloopers.  making popcorn, drawing, collaborating. all of that was my Favorited highlights this term so far and I hope I can have some new and similar highlights next term. 

Some things I am looking forward too... is the creative writing I really hope it goes well as well, I heard that we might  also be illustrating our writing as well! I hope that next term can be a good term as well. I am happy about how this term has gone.. (not about the corona virus  out breaking .) and I hope you all have a great holiday! 

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic reflection of your term Piper, I love how you have shared examples of the mahi you have completed. I hope you have a fantastic holiday with your whanau. Looking forward to having you back in the classroom next term.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you have a great holiday as well!

      Delete
  2. WOW piper you can write a story, you did really well with your work last term you worked so hard and put a lot of effort and time into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Therese!

      Delete
  3. Hey piper I love your work its so cool and I like how much time and effort you put into this great job☺️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so enjoyed reading about how you handled learning during lockdown and the highlights you shared Piper. You are a great writing with a style that is interesting ti read and very informative.
    You clearly are very creative and the range of examples you have shared here is impressive. It looks like you enjoy collaborating with others and that must be a strength because you manage to produce great outcomes (not disasters- which could have happened!).
    Keep posting for us to enjoy

    Mrs Burt
    Manaiakalani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, It makes me very happy to hear that you enjoyed my post!

      Delete