Pages

Friday 24 July 2020

..+*Recount holiday*+..


Friday the last day of school, I got picked up early.. It was dry and cloudy and relaxed in mid day and sunny and golden in the evening. We were all relaxed as morning tea had passed and in the middle block where I was doing some drawing mum came in. I packed up my pencil case and left. I haven’t really had a half day in ages, as we got ready to drive down to auckland with my brother who, a week ago, had come up for his Christchurch university break. It was super fun having him back at home. We haven’t seen him in ages but the second he came back it was like he was always here. Me and him played one of the old ‘’cool math games’’ fire boy and water girl where you are two players and have to go to different levels. That was really fun, but frustrating at the same time because I kept on dying in the game. We played some more two player games. It was really fun to have my brother back at home.

 Once We got home and were ready to go, we took my brother to say goodbye to our nana and poppa, before he left. It was sunny and golden and I kept looking out the window admiring the gold sunlight that skitted over the hills and made everything warm, the sunlight contrasted with the blue shadows that added depth to the landscape, I went to sleep like usual.. Every Auckland trip I always go to sleep trying to either… pass the time.. Or to not throw up. I was trying to sleep but I had had enough and I got up and it was still golden hour and we opened the bag chips and ate the whole lot. Suddenly.. A really loud shot noise striked ‘’ARRGH’’ mum complained.. A stone had hit the windscreen and left a very big crater with little spider-like legs poking out the side. We stopped by and my brother took a photo. We always get chips in the windscreen when we go  his way! And no surprise a little later a stone had chipped my window as well! As we drove further it got dark, the golden light toned down and everything went purple, I focused on the reflection of the purple sky and clouds in the water, looking out the window waiting for a good song to come on. 

It got dark, and we stopped at the toilets and continued to drive. I started waiting for the clock ‘’17:16’’ Waiting for just one more minute… “17:17’’! It became my new thing, waiting for the clock time numbers to be the same.. Just a little thing to look forward to when your bored is to keep an eye out for the time numbers being the same. That was pretty fun.. The blinding light bounced over the hills we turned to see a super flash car.. It had ‘’X’’ headlights and when it overtook us the whole back light was connected. The darkness outside as the sun has completely faded and I kept on seeing the faded unnatural light from the light post shining abnormally on the trees. As we continued into Auckland we went into where my sister's house is.

The house was empty, my sister and her friends were downtown getting some food. We went and got our own. We drove downtown in the dark around 9.00? The light was flashy and bright, we stopped and parked near a bunch of  food places where it had neon bright food signs. Mum and my brother went and got me a pizza and got some burger fuel for them. I waited in the dark, in the car looking at the lights blaring from the shops. I sat quiet waiting for them to come. A couple of minutes later they came, we drove to my sister's house. I couldn't eat all the pizza because I was pretty full. 

A day later we went to crystal mountain..
We had said goodbye to my brother as he walked into the Que for the Christchurch flight. Definitely going to miss my brother. At Crystal mountain… I was kind of nervous to go there since none of us had been there before, I didn’t know what to expect going there, we walked past the huge pale rose coloured crystals on display, we walked into the gift shop.. So many crustal… There were big rectangular lamps with circular flat crystals resin in the lamp. We walked further in to see lamps, necklaces, and just straight up pure crystals of any type, walked down the stairs and saw so many more crystals with minerals shown and patterns flowing inside those crystals. So many types and colours, crystal stone made into things. I didn't know what to buy!. We looked at all the crystals and then went into an elevator to see the crystal museum. There were massive walls of stone like a cave and an enclosure full of different crystals bigger than any human. Massive quartz and amethyst, odd looking fluffy crystals and super colourful ones on display as well. 

On the second morning we left, and soon we were home, unpacking our bag. 

At home again~

No comments:

Post a Comment