Pages

Thursday 14 May 2020

..||+*Lock down Reflection*+||..

 ↓ Lock down ↓

as you may know,  the whole country went under lock down at level 4, so that means online school, we've actually practice and gone on over the rules of what it might be like if we had to go under lock down, but we never thought it would actually happen.

When we found out it was lock down it was quiet surprising, I think it was Monday?? after lunch they gave us a slip of paper noting that we are moving to level 4. that was crazy, we got all of the stuff that we needed from school, our trays, our books, and our stationary. it was kind of weird.. the first day I went and tried to finish some of our original contract. then after that it was like the school holidays.. except no going to the beach or travailing anywhere. I guess I'm kind of used to not going anywhere because  we only go out to town if we need something so staying at home wasn't a problem neither was getting ideas of what to do to.. it was the motivation to actually DO IT was the problem. 

I kept on thinking of cool stuff to draw but I was way to lazy to actually do it. I can't remember how long we stayed before we started our online school.. I can just remember  being real lazy, like I literally did nothing all day.. I'd just wake up and do nothing. so much lack of motivation was terrible! I  hated feeling like a lifeless blob.

then online school was going to start.. the plan for how this in going to run is..
-10.00 is the first online call, our maths call. ( some times that call only runs for  5 minutes)
-1.00 is the second call of the day, that is also a short one that will run over what we are doing for literacy.

these calls were on every day (except for weekends, and national holidays .)
so basically like regular school days! 
So I get up at 6.50, then I get ready and set up a little space on my floor with only some pillows, and my books just in case, I always sat on the floor.. this whole time in online school I've been sitting on the floor! maybe because the floor is comfortable that chairs.  then I start going on the call around 9.45?? if no ones on then I may just go at 9.50, Its so good to be productive again. I pay more attention to the time and what day it is because I have been busy all day. We used to just have a maths and literacy contract, but then just recently we've updated it and merge them to gather. usually the teacher sets up a site with actives for our daily maths and literacy.  (for example.) we go on the call and she introduces us to one of the activities we are learning for maths, which usually has a site with activities helping us learn more about that subject.  our contract were really fun, like we got to make play dough, bake, make dinner, do some crafty stuff.  I tried to work as hard as I could. I liked the productiveness and the reward of feeling proud of your work that you've accomplished. one thing I found challenging would of been the internet slowing down, we had a little fault with the internet and how slow it would be! Also I found it challenging when I would be working and I worked so slow, I don't know why because I had worked all day and I just don't get heaps of things finished!  so far the online work has been fun.  and being productive was like a recharge, sometimes you would get distracted in your own home, maybe you might start looking at stuff online just because your other device is right there and you may get a notification. usually my computer is charged full in the morning (because I charged it over night) and then it goes way down so it is flat by night time. because all of our work is mainly on here so you do end up spending a lot of time on your computer. but I do have breaks, like sometimes I will go outside and see the budgies and feed them. I am looking forward to getting back into the rhythm of our real school work. I hope that all of this time  alone, and sometimes focus has trained me  to be more focused when we are in real school again. 
I also want to thank all the teachers for being the best, I think it would be hard always coming up with fun, and educational ideas for each week. our teacher has put up many fun things to do and has taught us lots and lots of things! she always understands when we can't do work maybe because the wifi, thank you so much! I kind of enjoyed the quarantine! but I haven't enjoyed all the bad new about this pandemic its really sad, but I think that new Zealand has done amazing.
thank you

4 comments:

  1. Nice job piper great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Piper!
    I just finished reading your reflection and found it very relatable and interesting since I went into lockdown early.
    I like the choice of words you used and I liked how well you summarised your time during lockdown.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Piper! Good job.
    I really like the way you described the task.
    I also like the way you put lots of detail in your post.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete