Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2020

..|=|+Density Sience project+|=|..

..+*Density*+..

Today, We learned about density, Density is where an object is more heavier, so it has more density, Something with more density has more mass present in volume. for this task we had to make a copy of a slide, we watched a couple of videos about density and what it is, then we move onto the experiment.
the experiment was where you poor some milk into a bowl. pick some food colouring and add one drop of each, then get any item and put a tiny bit of dish-wash soap on it and slightly dip the item with the soap on it on the milk and the food colouring is supposed to part away from the item. for this activity we used..
- milk
-a bowl
- dish wash soap
-a cotton bud
- and food colouring 
first we pour the milk into the bowl, then add one drop of food colouring (doesn't matter what colour.)
then get the cotton bud and dip that in dish wash soap, then  carefully dip the tip of the cotton bud on the milk, see what happens.
this is the slide that we had to fill out,
(slide 9,10.11 are the slides I wrote on)
|
V


.. Here is the slide. this experiment was really fun and didn't take up any time at all. after I had tried it out I just kind of played around with the stuff an mixed all the colour together. then I filled out the slide, when it got to  slide 9 where it asked what do you think was heavier?? I wrote down my answer then I decided I would test what I thought, so I got a cup of water and poured some milk in to see if the milk was heavier (obviously the milk was heavier.) you can see this by if the liquid you pour sinks, or if it floats on top, like oil.. oil will stay on top of the water.( density is in any object, not just liquid.)
here are some of the photo's
↟ the equipment ↟ 
੦ the drops of colouring ੦
〰️ first dip with the cotton bud 〰️


     it looks so cool how the colours swift around the milk and merge. it's a really fun, and easy  to do it 
this is  based of of density.. the food colour floats because it is lighter than milk, so therefore,  milk has more density.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Piper,I'm Heidi from St Patrick's school in Greymouth
    This looks so cool!I like how you also explained how it works.
    Keep it up!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Piper, you have done amazing in this task looks cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Piper, Im Leevy from St Patricks school in Greymouth. I think your presentation is really well presented and looks very cool. I also like you explained how it works

    ReplyDelete