Pages

Tuesday 27 October 2020

..+*Weekend Reflection*+..

 -Week 2: Term 4-

Something I found Challenging this week is Probably the feelings wheel, the feelings wheel is where we had to draw what we think looks like a certain emotion in these triangles that all turn into a circle. I struggled with this because I had re-done a lot of my pictures because I wasn't happy with how it looked, I also didn´t   have the write colours to do the pictures, I may of found it easier to do if I  tried and do it with some paint, though painting is hard, you can have unlimited access to what ever colour, I could try it digital on the chrome book but then its harder to add small details. Another thing I struggled with was rap//song we had to write in a group, our group struggled because the lyrics couldn't help but be embarrassing and I couldn't bare the thought of recording myself singing

We  Learned lots of things, we learned more about  Paratene te Manu, a famous Maori Warrior who´s family and himself got Evicted from their home island Huataru, Now known as little Barrier island. Our other teacher has read us a book about Paratene te Manu  and we have written a letter, pretending we were Paratene te Manu´s Nephew writing to the Government about  why Paratene te Manu shouldn't leave his island.

Something I Enjoyed was writing the letter we did (which I had explained about in the last paragraph) because We were all really Passionate about arguing  for him to stay on his Island. and it really fun pretending to be a lawyer. I also enjoyed Mahi tahi, for those who don´t know what mahi tahi is, its where the year 8s, 7s, 6,s and 5s join together and complete a crafty task, this task we did was were we had to get into groups (as always) and we had to tape some balloons so the all stack up but they have to be free-standing, the tallest balloon tower wins, we were doing pretty good but it the height  of it didn't count since it leaned to the side, making it shorter.

Something I feel I have succeeded in is some of my Emotions wheel, I haven´t finished it just yet though.
Another thing is probably my letter, I do want to add a bit more but i´m not sure what else to add, so for now I think it is complete.

Something I am looking forward too is.. what else we will be doing next week, Hopefully  I can get more things finished. I also am looking forwards to finishing my drawing in tech, I really hope I can finish it and hopefully I can succeed in that as well, we have been using a burn tool to draw in stuff on a small piece of wood, and now we are ingraining another drawing we did in some copper. 

-Aroha-
This weeks Value is Aroha, A way I have seen Aroha shown is in the playground where some people were helping these little children across the monkey bar. that is showing Aroha because they were helping and caring for others by making them feel safe so they can develop the skill of doing the monkey bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment