Pages

Thursday 15 October 2020

..||Tree top Trouble||..

A new Term, time to reflect on a moment in your holidays!  

(I have chosen to write about when I had gone to adventure forest with my friend)

 We arrived at a forest on the side of the road, the trees were tall and thin, and the grass was covered in ferns and twigs. There were ropes and wooden bridges all hanging across the trees, two people greeted us and  one of them helped put on these harnesses that hung by your hips, there were hooks that the people soon explained how to work them, the main hook was a big metal one that had a little slit which was used to attach the hook to the wire, you couldn't take the hook of the wire since the wire was thick and the slit in the hook was thinner thats why when you attached it you had to slide the hook across a thin metal slab then it would lead onto the wire, where you would but your backup hook behind the Main one, they showed us and let us have a try on the ground with the very low wire, then once we had completed the practice we all went on to the different activities up high in the tree. Me and my friend went to the first one (we had to do the activities in order.) we climbed up the ladder and slid our hooks onto the wire and did the first obstacle, the obstacles were like tight ropes or wooden plank and tunnels and much more different ones, I was shaking lots, once you've finished a obstacle which would lead you to the next tree and then you would slide your hook to the wire connected to the next obstacle, the first one was quiet freaky but fun at the same time. I would not stop shaking and I could feel the cold sweat all over me, but really, if you fell the harness would just catch you, but the height of the obstacles were quite freaky. 

After me and my friend finished the first activities filled with obstacles we went on the next one, it felt so nice to touch the ground again. So far, things were going good, we finished the next activity and are now going on to the third one.. The third one was when it got hard, it had a sign on the tree before the ladder saying that this is a difficult one. That was a bit of a worry since i'm not very strong so this would be very challenging. We climbed up and completed the couple of obstacles and then it came to a tightrope one with little wooden trunks to walk on.. But the ´´tightrope´´ wasn't so tight, I held onto the top wire and walked across, it shook like crazy.. Balancing was very hard and the rope with the wood trunks on it that I was standing on  swung side to side leaving me to fall of and struggle to catch onto the wire again, that was the first time I fell off the obstacle, soon it was finished and we moved on to a couple of next obstacles but then we were met with what I thought was the hardest one for me… there was a trail of ropes with some logs on the end of the ropes to stand on, just like a swing so I stepped on the swing and as I held on to the ropes on the side and then attempt to step to the other swing, but since all the swings were not attached they parted and I ended up doing the splits, I had to use muscle and pull my legs and arms together to get back in place, I tried so hard throughout this particular obstacle but I kept on doing the splits and my ´´Ḿucsles´´ hurt from trying to get back up, on top of that I was shaking but it was quite funny at the same time, it was really hard to get past that obstacle, Finally I was at the last swing, it was swinging back and forth as I held onto the wire at the top instead of the ropes on the side since that was too hard to switch to the other ropes, finally I was at the end, my arms hurt a lot, once we zip lined down, I checked my arm to find rope burn from my arm rubbing against the rope as because of how I held onto it. 


these activities were really cool, you'd climb up the top and slide your hook across to the wire attached to the next obstacle, then once you´ve completed that obstacle you would stand on a small wooden platform on a tree and slide your hook across to the next obstacle, and that's how it was run. It was a really fun day, I didn't go on the other really high and hard ones, but I ran and watched my friend do two more harder ones.

It was really cool because you can't really get hurt on the obstacles, but there are really fun and fill you with such nervousness and danger.


No comments:

Post a Comment