Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2020

..|:|Personification writing|:|..

 Today in literacy, we learned about ''Personification" 

Personification is something used in writing to describe a thing, nature, object, animal anything. but you describe it with human actions or features, like for example..
"the tree had long arms."
tree's don't have arms, it's describing about the tree's branches that appear like arm to us humans, so therefore we have used personification by describing this tree with human like features. Another example can be
"The grass tickled my feet."
Grass can't tickle, but humans can, it is describing how the grass feels like its tickling you.

With out task, we had to write a Piece, Expressing the perspective through our table we sit on, and describe it as if it is a person, me and my friends table is a small, short, chair-less table in the corner.. it is a bright Peridot green with a matte texture on the surface.
here is my Writing.
   ..-.-.-.-.  ↡ .-.-.-.-..
I awaited patiently.. keeping my thoughts to my self, listing to the conversations of others.. I looked out the door, to hear the muffled voices of children, and then the click clack of keys, they rumbled around getting a seat.. as I looked at those in front of me, they sat down, but I realised I haven't been cleaned! the gross gray glue made me stick to the books they have left of me, the tingly presses of pencil and paper make me want to sneeze, they tap their nails on top of me and accidentally scratch me, then they move onto the keys, ''click clack clee." I fall asleep to the chattering of them and then awake to something rumbling, I feel the weight plunge off of me as they all get up and leave,

Peaceful silence floats in the air, as I await once more.. then I hear trouble.. some children barge in and dance around me. they hear up their food, that now stinks the air and then just leave without a care,

I silently observe getting filled with information, I don't speak or even make a peep. I just sit there, Unappreciated and bored. they walk back in and lean in on me and I can feel their heartbeat. I feel their fear,worry and annoyance, their joy and pride, they don't know it, because I hide.

the day ends as they say goodbye, I live my life through them, but as the soon as they leave, reality strikes back at me, at the end of the day I am just me, a second choice table quiet as can be. 
 ..-.-.-.-.  ↡ .-.-.-.-..
this task was really fun and I really enjoy doing creative, and descriptive writing and it was really to add a personality to the table we use everyday. 

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic piece of writing Piper, you have used personification really well to give your desk human qualities. In your next piece of writing make sure you are using the correct punctuation at the beginning and end of your sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Piper! Just Make sure you have capitals at the beginning of you sentences. Otherwise Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie B,
      I will take on your feedback.

      Delete