Pages

Friday 21 August 2020

..+*Pebble Point of View*+..

 <:>Personification<:>

Just like yesterday, we had posted a piece of writing based on the perspective of objects or things in nature, Yesterday we did the perspective of a table and focusing o giving it a personality by Personification, and today we are writing the perspective of  a small pebble in world war | 
↓↡↓
In the pitch black night fading into blue, the sun has yet to risen.. 
The moonlight glistens on the ocean water, the soft sound of crashing  white wash is all I hear, 
the blanket of shallow glittery water splashes upon me, soon the tide runs further down and I dry up.
The light fades in into the sky as I see I tiny glimpses of sun rise, the cool air breeze slowly flows. A black silhouette of a ship emerges as the colour of things start to show up and the birds start to fly, leaving this land.

A long time it took for these people to jump of the ship and into the water, peace is soon disturbed. They slash closer into shallow water and soon I hear the crunch crunch crunch of pebbles getting twisted and crunched underneath their  bulky shoes, Slap! The shoes walk right over me and it feels like I'd been punched in the stomach, I watch as they walk over all of us and up the hill where the morning light touched.

As soon as they walk up I hear a BANG! They all are falling down and tumbling around as they shot fire to others, I gaze as I see one run out to sea to retreat, then fall into the water, he never gets back up, I feel still and powerless as so much problematic mess is around me. Falling soldiers, smoke and more, The big blue sky  looks over the land and the sun starts to fall down, the remaining solders continue to walk over the hill, the blue sky turns to purple and reflects on to the water. I lay here trying to relax once more from the tension and distress from the battle and all the pollution left behind. 

The sky turns, as the night starts to rise again, the moon rising and shining upon the ocean once again. I sit still and try to sleep, the crickets keep me up, my thoughts are still pounding and racing,  I focus on the stars above and the far noises of thunder-like shots in the distance and slowly drift away, the cold water washes upon me.
I snuggle in with the other pebbles. Sad that I couldn't help the humans, but glad i'm not one of them.
I am a pebble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment