Pages

Friday 24 April 2020

..⧈-Shapes-⧈..

.+*W.A.L.T*+.

Week 2 we are learning about geometry and shapes, What we had to do was copy a slide that had questions about shapes, it had 2d and 3d shapes for 2d, we had to how many lines of symmetry  and how many sides,  for 3d we had to find how many faces,side,vertices and edges. once we've finished we have to go back and mark it, and get the correct answers, the shapes I got wrong were...
    _∆_
-trapezoid (I didn't know the name of it.)
-Parallelogram gram (I didn't know the name of it.)
-symmetry lines for triangle
-called a rhombus a diamond.

.........

..NET..

Another shape task was to make a net..
A net in geometry is like the layout for a 3d shape, its the layout to make a 3d shape. what we had to do was make a net and put it together, 
stuff  used to make mine:
-Paper
-scissors
-sellotape 
-and a ruler.
(also sorry the Quality is very low on the camera.)
the net.
 the finished look. 
    ...Δ...
I used some black paper to do this, its.. semi falling apart and very small. I decided I would do a ''square pyramid" were its shape on the bottom is square.  I found it very easy to do such  a small shape with and easy net, I didn't want to do a cube because I thought heaps of others might of done one.

these two shape projects were really fun to do and helped with learning in shapes.
thank you for reading,!


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic work Piper! I like how you have shown the different lines of symmetry for each of your 2D shapes. Keep up the fantastic work :)

    ReplyDelete