Pages

Friday 12 June 2020

..+*Matariki*+..

..||<>Matariki Animation<>||..
since Matariki was coming we  had a look at what matariki was, there are many legends on how matariki came to be.    Matariki is the Maori new year and it begins in late may or early June, so that is why we have been learning about it and how we used to celebrate it. one of the task was make an animation about one of the legends.. I chose to to the story of the seven sisters..
I used flipaclip on my ipad  to make a start of it, then I finished the rest with slides.
-..|..-
V

..

this is my animation,
I really liked doing this and it took quiet a while to finish mainly because I had drawn all of the characters.. but to be honest  drawing the characters may of taken the most time  but they where actually quiet easy after drawing the first one. I had used slides to draw the characters and I used polyline because that drawing tool is probably the most easiest for me, I first drew Wainui, the mother of the sisters.. she was the first one and I had used a lot of polyline made shapes.. I had started with drawing the face shape.. when I was happy with the face shape I had drawing the eyes and the nose.. to define where facial parts go.. then I picked I colour that I wanted to be the skin and colour the little shapes to appear where lumps and bumbs of the face. then I did the hair and found a neon colour of the skin and outlined it. I think that drawing these characters was really fun and probably my favourite. part. Its like drawing complex thing but you draw them simpler.  they kind of look really abstract.. and they don't have much expression in there faces. 
I really liked this activity and thought it was really fun! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi piper I love your animation how long did it take to do? anyways great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Manaia! it took my about 1 full week?? but the animation video at the start I did was before I had done the slides. thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hi piper how are you ? I love your animation its so cool. You told us what you liked about making it and what the process was, good job.
    Raidon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Piper, I really enjoyed your animation! You did a great job with your explanation of Matariki.
    Keep up the great work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Piper great job with your matariki work. I liked your video you made about matariki it was very creative. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete